Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm still reading the Dalai Lama book. It's really good.

I was overcome this week by the Andy Warhol documentary on PBS. Really inspiring and well done. Although sometimes I think they read a little tooo much into the work. I saw the filmaker, Ric Burns, on Charlie Rose. I really like when he said that his film was subjective and he didn't interview people that didn't like the work.

This was the first time that I really understood the Warhol films. Seeing them as photography or painting with the element of time. They are very zen if you think about it. Just watching a man sleeping and taking it all in. The portrait film series is super brillant. Made me think about film.

1 comment:

chandra said...

Dear Marsha,

randomly browsing blogs i came across yours... very interesting indeed.there is a bridge that connects us...see that at ;

chandrasart.blogspot.com


warm wishes

chandra