Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I have always been fascinated with abstract imagery. When I was a little girl I was obsessed with modern art and architecture. I loved to look at Abstract painting. I spent hours designing plans for modern houses and signed my plans with my Architect moniker Marsha Mod. I still love modern architecture. I have my dream house all planned out and ready to be built.

When I was 10, I went with my parents to a show of paintings by James Whistler (famous mother) at the De Young Museum in San Francisco. I announced that I found the work offensive (to my modern aesthetic). So I sat outside on the lawn for 2 hours while they attended the show. I think they were used to my attitude and somewhat accepting. At least they took me to museums even though it was icky figurative painting.

No comments: